On April 19th, the results of the 2018 Podcast Consumer webinar were unveiled, providing new insight into the rise of podcasting over the past decade in the U.S., including demographics, consumption, device usage, share of ear, & more.
Highlights from the webinar include:
- Podcasting's share of ear has doubled in just 4 years
- In-car listening is continuing to grow
- 30% of monthly podcast consumers 12+ report owning a smart speaker
- 52% of monthly podcast consumers 12+ are men, while 48% are women
- 36% of monthly podcast consumers 12+ are between the ages of 35-54
- 68% of smart speaker owners report using their smart speaker regularly to listen to music
- 17% of smart speaker owners report using their smart speaker regularly to listen to podcasts
For more insightful data from the Podcast Consumer 2018 webinar, Download the Webinar Slides.
If you're in the market for feature-rich, easy to use podcast technology, simply complete the form below and we will be in touch.